Sunday, April 27, 2014

Square

I wanted a vest with a square neckline, with the body worked in a cool textured stitch.  So, I designed one.  But alas, I did not have the time to knit it because I had many other projects to complete. 

When your best friend is a knitter, you can use her hands as if they were your very own magical extra set graciously ask her to knit stuff for you.  The conversation can go as smoothly as this:

Me: Can you knit this for me?
Her: OK.

I charted it in Excel, wrote up a pattern, gave her the yarn, and she was off to work.
I was at her house while she was seaming.  You can see the cool diagonal rib stitch in the body.
You might recognize this yarn from this project.  I had some extra skeins and used them for this vest. She did a beautiful job, and I am not just saying that because I'm obligated by friendship laws.  I am honestly quite pleased.  Here are a few other photos for your viewing pleasure:


2 comments:

Sheila said...

Lovely vest and really like the square neckline.

Life and Knits said...

This is really beautiful!!

Susie